As we approach 2022, are you new year's resolution ready? Here's a list of five tips and tricks to stay on track with your wellness goals well into the year.
5. Build A Budget
Before the holiday season ends and life starts to get crazy again, outlining a budget can keep your financial wellness on-track.
One option is the 50-20-30 rule, a money management technique that divides your pay into three categories: 50% for the essentials (food, bills, rent), 20% for savings and 30% for everything else!
Alternatively, there are plenty of apps that can help keep you on-track:
- Personal Capital.
- YNAB (You Need A Budget)
4. Creating A Cleaning Schedule
How good is that clean house feeling! Set some cleaning deal breakers for 2022.
- Don't go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink.
- Make the bed every morning.
- Hang clothes you wore that day.
- Empty the dishwasher while you brew coffee.
3. Make Healthier Meals
Make meal prep a priority, cut back on fatty meat and add colourful vegies to your plate.
- Start small, plan to prep 1 or 2 meals per week and build up.
- Cut back on meat with one day a week meat free eg No Meat Monday.
- Up your storage game! Upgrade your food storage containers.
- Stock up your pantry with easy to grab healthy items.
- Store your favourite recipes in a folder
- Take a shopping list the the supermarket
- And don't shop when you're hungry.
2. Put Your Health First
When was your last health checkup?
Is it time to schedule the health appointment and stick to it. Some appointments to plan and keep in 2022:
- Every 6 months: Dentist - Clean & check
- Every 12 months: Doctor - General check up
- Every 2 years: Pap Smear
- Every 12 months: Skin check
- Every 12 months: Eye Test
- Every month: Check your breasts
1. Plan Your Pills
Plan out your pills for the week and never miss a dose again. If you have those moments during the day when you question if you have taken your medication, a pill case is for you.
Pill cases are great for storing your vitamins and medications, especially for daily use and travel.
While prepping your meals for the week, prep your pills! This will help keep you on track each day.
- Scrap the bulky containers
- Keep track of your AM PM pills